Wednesday 30 January 2013

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick - Impassioned

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick - Impassioned

This lipstick is a beautiful almost neon, darkish fuchsia with a lot of warmth to it.  MAC's description of this shade is that it is 'An amped up fuchsia'.  This is an extremely well pigmented shade, and isn't patchy at all.  As this is a darker shade of fuchsia I found this more wearable than some of my other fuchsia lipsticks, especially during the day as although it is still bright, its slightly less florescent than Chanels L'Eclatante.  


MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick - Impassioned

The packaging is typical of most MAC lipsticks which are bullet shaped, matte black plastic with a silver inner.  Nothing too fancy, just simple and compact.  I didn't really notice any taste to this lipstick, but it did have a gorgeous vanilla scent which I could still slightly smell once it was applied.


MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick - Impassioned

As this is such a dark, vibrant shade I applied it with my Dior lipbrush and used two coats.  The first coat I blotted with tissue and the second I left to give a more creamy shine finish.  The texture of this lipstick is quite creamy and it seems to last a lot longer than most without being too drying.  I only had to reapply this every four or five hours and even after eating the colour didn't really budge.  I have noticed that this shade stains my lips slightly, but no more than any other dark or bright lip product.  My lips didn't flake at all and only went mildly dry after almost a whole day of wear which I thought was impressive for such a pigmented shade. 
MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick Impassioned Swatch
This lipstick is available to buy from MAC's website or from Debenhams online.


Princess points: 5/5
This is my first lipstick in the amplified range and I can definitely see myself getting hooked on it, I love how well pigmented it is and how long it lasts!  This is my new favourite lipstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...